Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Emerald City -- I Am An Architect

Greetings!

Somewhere over the rainbow, a piece of art begins to take shape. Here, in my art studio, my happy place. I had not been in studio in a month, and it's great to get back to creating art. Below, you can see how glass tiles are adhered to the scrapboard to simulate the buildings of the Wizard of Oz' Emerald City. Also in the pictures, you can see some of the other elements, like the brick road, plastic lotion bottles gluded together to build the city. I like the green sequins and paint and pastels smoothed or smeared together. For the holiday traveling, I have my art journal -- so I'll keep my hands busy with more art. Ahhh, I feel so much better after a stint in the studio. No matter how long, fifteen minutes, here or there. A couple of hours? That's enough, already. And, the craft room downstairs is a blessed haven.

  -- Carol