Thursday, April 28, 2016

There's no place like home -- in my studio

My studio is my happy place. Beauty and Peace fill the air among the artwork on the walls, on the floor on easels, propped up against the wall or in sketchbooks.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road; I'm done.
I have finished the Yellow Brick Road and Emerald City scrapboard. It still needs a title. I like "My Crazy Imagination" because I kept imagining how more and more glass, or tiles, fabric, or paints could be put upon the board! More and more! The piece is so heavy. I will need to have my dear husband drill some holes for some strong wire. My heart too gets a little heavy when I complete a piece -- I've truly put my heart into it. Yet, my heart lightens as I evolve, or involve into a new creation. I say this because the art takes over me. My mind, hands, posture, fingers -- all of me. I am in the moment.

I'd like to share some pictures of "My crazy imagination." I hope you find that "...my imagination" can inspire yours. Allow your thoughts to travel upon the yellow brick road. It's paved with the grace we receive from God to create! Get on it!

All that glimmers is green, my favorite color.


 ..A Heart,

...A Brain,

...The Nerve,

...A home

The tin man, the scarecrow, the lion and Dorothy, have had these all along.