Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Indiana Covered Bridges painting phase complete. Sweet!

inishing up the final brush strokes on Indiana Covered Bridges took a lot of doing. I got stuck in the weeds painting some of the flowers and shrubs - weeds - around the bottom of the board. I wanted to ensure it had a sense of depth, and that is where my skills need improvement. Overall, when I stepped back away from the piece, I was very satisfied.

I've been working on this for a couple of months. Now I get to get down and dirty into the photographs and do some 3-D layer building for the next phase.

The progress is evident, and assembling a large piece like this takes time I've noticed. In between time, I've been having some fun creating some Robin Hood Sherwood Forest fine art greeting cards. I loved the movie and it inspired me to go green into the woods and attend Forest Fest in Louisville's Jefferson County preserve last weekend. Then I got out my paper and scissors.

Art rocks!