Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Deadly imagination running wild! The Game of Death

I'm embarking on a new project and wanted to share it with you. Typically, I'll consider a painting of a landscape or a scrapboard featuring an eye-catching photograph. I even did a charcoal sketch a week ago. But an idea has been brewing for several years now which is demanding to get onto paper or a board. I love true crime, the macabre, and although I don't like when my mind goes dark like Frank Black, of the old Millennium TV series, I do indulge it and listen to what it tries to relate.

My plan is to assemble a board game, called maybe, The Game of Death (play on the old board game of Life), where notorious crimes are posed in a Trivial pursuit format. I also love doing research for art, so I'll be going to my extensive true crime library for ideas. I've begun the board with acrylic paints and it has already taken shape and gone wildly out of control - like some brutal crazy mad slasher?! Here's an interesting true crime web site....http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/index.html





Pictured above is my Whitechapel's Revenge fine art painting -  remember Jack the Ripper?