Monday, October 10, 2011

New board game gets it title: Deadly Plot

I've arrived a title for my prototype board game. I will call it Deadly Plot. Stephen King would be proud. On Etsy, I also discovered an antique portable typewriter from the 1960s which I will use to type up the macabre game cards questions and answers the players will use. I am hoping to have the game board in full swing by Halloween, and maybe even on display as a work in progress. There is a lot of work to be done, however. Work which can't be rushed. Each item has to be assimilated into or onto the board. I found a pocket knife, a hypodermic needle - sans needle for safety - and now I am looking for a spent shell casing. I really don't want to go to a shooting range for a spent shell casing, or wait for deer hunting season. Maybe my friend the Green River Killer aka Mike Turner has some ideas. Another field trip for board game components would be to the police station for an evidence bag. I did make an evidence bag placing stick on letters on it. I wonder if the cops would just give up an evidence bag? How cool is that!
Pictures of board game: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barkingdogenterprises/sets/72157625867261325/detail/