Friday, May 12, 2017

Pittsburgh Skyline Painting in progress -- how exciting!


Hello !  I have begun a new painting on handmade cotton paper using acrylic paints. It is of the Pittsburgh skyline at dusk. The colors of the sunset are  so beautiful -- orange, light blue fading to a lilac-colored purple, warm yelow, and pink. Getting back into the studio with a new piece of artwork is great news. I was in a bit of a creative block. My oil painting had been going well as I taught myself new things about painting in oils. For one thing, the oil painting clean up is well, excuse me -- a real pain in the ass. Cleaning up acrylic paints, like the picture below, is soooo easy. Each medium has its own character. I've also decided to try to sketch more often after I sit down after dinner. That should put me in a good place to create artworks. A sketch a day, keeps the doldrums at bay.