Thursday, April 3, 2014

It's Spring - Bring on the Green

Embracing spring, I've been asked to paint a special and beautiful horse, as a testimony and memorial for "Brandy," a beautiful white horse from Kentucky. Brandy was ridden and owned by my client, Kay's friend, a long time ago. Kay realized how special Brandy was to her friend, and asked me to paint Brandy from an old photograph. I love the old photographs from the 60s and 70s, the square size, the white border, and the faded look. The prints are so sharp because the old-time negatives, though old school, did their job. And, there was always the suspense waiting to receive one's prints.

This is an acrylic painting. I'm using palette knives and some big thick brushes. I am enjoying the many green and yellow colors so far. Kay will give the painting to her friend as a surprise.